Wednesday, January 6, 2010

#99 - Be Swear Free for an Entire Week... Third Times a Charm

Here's something about myself that I didn't know until recently - I don't do cold turkey very well. I've never actually tried to quit anything before and thinking it wouldn't be TOO hard was my first mistake.

It's unfortunate, but cursing has become a natural occurrence for me. I remember back in high school, and even the first year or so of college (before I was corrupted), you would never hear a curse world worse than "SHOOT" come out of my mouth. I just didn't do it. My parents did an amazing job of instilling fear in me because still to this day - I won't swear in their presence. It's not that I hold back or have to necessarily try to not swear, I just don't.

Anyway - as you may have guessed, I failed (again) and have to start over today. But, as a firm believer in baby steps, I am changing my goal a little bit (again). I think it'll be more encouraging if I successfully achieve a smaller goal first. I'm not going to start easy, in fact - I'm going to start with the two curse words I say most often, and hate the most:

Week 1: No F bombs or B words.

Ok - let's get started... Day 1 of 7.... (and lets hope if I blog tomorrow it's not about another FAIL)

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck! I don't think I swear that much until I try to do something like this and then realize what a FAILURE I am. Mine is so involuntary at this point that I don't even realize I've done wrong until welllll after the fact. I have complete faith you can do this! Maybe start on Monday and make it through the work week-- between work and traffic that should be PLENTY of a challenge!

    ReplyDelete